What The Heck Is Intuitive Eating?
Intuitive Eating is a non-diet approach to health and wellness that helps you tune into your body signals, break the cycle of chronic dieting and heal your relationship with food. This approach is back up by over 100 studies, combines 10 evidenced based principles and is used in combination with the Health At Every Size Approach.
Benefits of Intuitive Eaters:
- Less stress on the body
- Improvement in body image and self-esteem
- Improved overall quality of life
- Lower levels of triglycerides
- Healthier psychological attitudes
- Weight maintenance
ARE YOU AN INTUITIVE EATER? ASK YOURSELF THESE QUESTIONS…
- Do you allow your mind to tell you when you can eat or do you trust your body to tell you what you are craving?
- Do you listen to your hunger/fullness cues or are you following a clock on when you can eat?
- Are you eating what is satisfying or eating what you are told your body is supposed to have and continue to have cravings the you feel shame and guilt for?
For those of you that are not Intuitive Eaters, you are not alone. A multi-billion dollar industry, called diet culture, has robbed us of listening to and appreciating the bodies we have. Our bodies are meant to come in all different shapes and sizes and meant to eat a variety and different quantities of foods.
Stay tuned and learn more on the basics of on the 10 Principles of Intuitive Eating……
Can you relate to any of these situations?
- Do you try to grab the “healthy” option for lunch instead of what you are really craving?
- When you go out to eat do you feel ashamed of eating “forbidden” foods for fear of being judged?
- Are you documenting every bite to stay within your allotted calories and questioning “how can I still be hungry” at the end of the day?
- Are you hungry and stop yourself from eating anymore because the current diet you are on tells you your next meal isn’t for another hour?
- Do you feel disconnected with your body?
- Are you confused at what foods and drinks are “good” or “bad” for you?
- When you look in the mirror, are your first thoughts negative?
Did you answer “yes” to any of these questions? If so, I’m here to help you!
I will be a guide in your Intuitive Eating Journey and will help you build a healthy relationship with food and your body, remove the shame-cycle that takes place with chronic dieting and eat confidently! Unfortunately we live in a society in which diet culture and weight stigma allows larger individuals to feel unaccepted and never enough. Which is why I have removed myself from the diet world and became more educated on the research behind Health At Every Size (HAES) and the Intuitive Eating approach.
Intuitive Eating was started over 25 years ago by Elyse Resch and Evelyn Tribole as a remedy for dieting. It is a weight-inclusive, 10 principle evidenced-based model with a self-care approach that is backed up by over 120 studies to date!!! We will slowly introduce and work through these 10 principles that make up Intuitive Eating, which include paying attention to hunger and fullness, rejecting the diet mentality and embracing self-care behaviors. We will do all of this without any focus on weight, as research shows a weight-neutral HAES approach supports improvement in physiological measures (blood pressure, lab values), health behaviors (food and movement choices), and psychosocial outcomes (self-esteem & body image). Weight loss may or may not be a side effect.
My goal is to help you nourish yourself adequately without judgement and make peace with YOUR beautiful body!
Ready to Begin Your Journey 4 Health?
There’s no better time to get started then now. Each day that goes by is one day longer until you begin to live a healthier version of you. Don’t waste anymore time!